If authentication is enabled for a group, you can configure authentication for menus in the group to restrict or change access to the menus.
- If the Xerox EIP Connect settings dialog box is not open already, double-click the Xerox EIP Connect component in the workflow.
- On the Groups tab, click the menu you want to edit, and click Edit to open the Menu Properties dialog box.
- In the Access Control settings choose the access you want to apply to the menu:
Access Description Public Access Choose this option to allow all users with access to the group to use the menu. Restricted Access Choose this option to only allow groups or users listed in the Allowed Users/Groups box to use the menu. Separate users or groups in this list with the semicolon (;). When the authentication type for a group is Windows, you can click the browse button (...) to select Windows groups or users.
Group membership is determined by the authentication type that has been specified for a device group:
- None — Authentication not used for the menu.
- Windows — Determined by the Windows groups to which a user belongs.
- Netware — Groups are not supported.
Custom Script — Determined by the Groups collection of the UserInfo
object that represents the authenticated user.
For details on the object model used in authentication scripts, see the Xerox EIP Connect Scripting documentation.
- When you finish configuring settings for the menu, click the OK button.