This procedure describes how to use the dynamic form.
You can modify the standard behavior of a form by responding to events. Some of the things you can do by enabling dynamic form are:
- Add and remove fields.
- Change field contents (Example: load the contents of a list field from a database).
- Validate field contents before the document is send to the server.
- On the Menus tab of the Web Capture settings dialog box,
click a menu to select it, and then click Add to add one of the forms:
- Basic Form
- Send to Email Form
- Send to Folder Form
- Send to SharePoint Form
- On the General tab of the form settings dialog box, select the Enable dynamic form check box.
- In the Script path box, enter the path to the VB.NET script that contains the code to respond to form
and field events.
The Edit script code opens the script editor window with basic script code that can be modified. For details on the script editor window and the object model used to respond to form and field events, open to the Web Capture Scripting documentation by clicking the Help button in the script editor window.
- To use an existing script, click the browse button (...).
- To create a new script, click the Edit script code button.
- Select the form events that will be raised by the form.
Option Description Form is loaded Causes the form to force fire an event every time the user enters the form. Form is validated Causes the form to fire an event every time the user presses Send in the form. Form is submitted Causes the form to fire an event every time the document uploading are finished.
- If you need the script to run under the authentication context of the logged in user,
select the Run as device logged in user check box.This option should be used carefully and only in cases where you need to access a system that requires explicit identification. Whenever possible specify user names and passwords in your script (use available .NET technologies such as encrypting to hide the passwords from view when editing the script).Remember: The Run as device logged in user option is only available if the group requires authentication and the configured authentication mode is Windows.