Fields define data that can passed from a form to process and capture components in an AutoStore workflow. Fields may be configured to collect information from the user or to pass default or calculated values on to subsequent AutoStore components.
- Open the Toshiba Unified Client properties dialog box if
it is not open already.To do this, either double-click the Toshiba Unified Client capture icon in a task or right-click the icon and click Properties on the shortcut menu.
- Expand a group or menu, click the form you want to edit, and then click
Edit on the menu bar.To create a new form, click the group or menu and then click Add Form. See How to add a basic form.
- Click the Fields tab to view the fields list.
- In the Name column, type the name of the field.The name can be any combination of alphanumeric characters. Special characters (for example, ~, !, @, #, $, %) are not allowed. The maximum number of supported characters for this field is 64.
- In the Display column, type an alternative text to represent the field in the MFP panel.If Display column is left empty, then the field name will be used instead.
- Choose how the data for the field will be collected by selecting an option from the
Type column. The
following field types are supported:
Field Type Usage Text Allows users to enter unformatted text into a text box such as sentences, names, numbers, date, and time. List Presents users with a list of choices from which users select the desired item.Tip: To remove list items from the selection box on the device console, a user can select one or more items, swipe right or left, and then press the trash icon that appears to remove the selected items. Tree Presents users with choices they can select from in tree from. Checkbox Allows users to set yes/no or true/false values by selecting or clearing a check box. Numeric Allows users to enter numeric values. Date Allows users to enter date values based on selected date formats. Lookup List Allow users to dynamically retrieve values from an ODBC Data Source Label Displays informative text on a form. Button Allows users to click a button to trigger customized events on the server that manipulate a form.You can click the browse button (...) in the last column of the table to configure properties for field. This displays a properties dialog box with settings for the selected field type.
- To require users to enter data in a field before submitting a form, select the check box in the required field column.
- To trigger an event when the value of the field changes, select the check box
in the notify server on change column.You can respond to this event in the script that was configured for the dynamic form section in the general tab. For details on how to respond to form and field events refer to the Toshiba Unified Client Scripting Guide, which can be opened by clicking the help button in the script editor.
- To remove a field form the form, click in the first column to select the field row, and then press the Delete key on the computer keyboard.
- Click the OK button to save your changes.