A basic form defines general, fields, and component settings for purposes defined by your requirements.
- Open the Toshiba Unified Client properties dialog box if it is not
open already.To do this, either double-click the Toshiba Unified Client capture icon in a task or right-click the icon and click Properties on the shortcut menu.
- Select a group or menu, and click on the menu bar.To edit an existing form, click the form and click Edit on the menu bar.
- On the General tab, type the name of the form in the
Name box.The name of the form will be displayed in the forms screen or page of an application, so enter text that describes the function of the form.For example: If this form is used to send to the user’s home directory then you can name the form Scan to User’s Home Directory. The maximum number of characters allowed in the form name is 36.
- Optional: You can specify an icon image may be displayed for the menu on the device.
Option Description Image type PNG or GIF with transparent background. Dimensions 44x44 pixels Maximum size 24 KB
- Select Single Touch mode if you do not want the user to
enter any information about the document.This causes the scan to start immediately after the user presses the form button on the device. To not select this option if you want users to enter information to be used for processing and routing documents.
- Configure the default scanning settings for the scanned document.You can clear the Allow Changes check box to prevent users from changing a particular setting.
- On the Fields tab, you can define fields that will pass data to subsequent components in a workflow.For more information, see How to add fields to a form.
- On the Components tab, you can configure settings that will be used for subsequent components in the
workflow. These settings can use information captured by the form.For more information, see How to configure process and route components.
- Click OK to save your changes.