- For a proper operation of the component with Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft
Exchange Server MAPI Client and
CDO 1.2.1 (Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1) should be installed on the machine.
Note: There are the following restrictions in this case:
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 does not support CDO.
- When used on Windows 7, Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 8, CDO requires that Microsoft Outlook should not be installed.
- With SMTP Server, Server name and From are mandatory fields. Make sure that you provided valid values for each of these fields.
- With Microsoft Exchange Server, Server name, Mailbox, User name, Password, Domain, From, and To are mandatory fields. Make sure to enter valid values for each of these fields.
- Send to Mail Recipient component does not validate email addresses.
- When renaming schema is used with CDO-MAPI, all accounts, used in configuration of the component, should have the "Read" permission for a temp folder (when service is running as LocalSystem, the temp folder is C:\Windows\Temp).
- The component supports exchanging data through the following secure protocols:
Protocol Note SSL All currently available modifications of the SSL protocol are supported by the component. TLS The following versions of TLS protocol are supported:
Note: Before using secure connection over TLS 1.2 with a Microsoft Exchange Web server, make sure that the update from Microsoft described in the security advisory is installed on the host machine: Microsoft Security Advisory 2960358: Vulnerability in the .NET Framework. Installing this update is required for supporting TLS 1.2 with this server.