This component is mainly used to store any type of content from various sources. This component allows you to meet your regulatory and archival requirements for records retention with ease. See a sample list of use cases below.
- Knowledge Management — Capture, process, organize, share and store valuable corporate information into the Livelink/CS document management system.
- Direct device connectivity — Allow users to archive important documents by pressing just a few buttons on a scanning device. Use the OpenText Livelink/Content Server component to directly connect various devices such as digital copiers, desktop scanners, production high-speed scanners, desktop files and other types of files to back end Livelink/CS.
- Batch Import Server — Use this component along with Multi-Poll to create batch import directories, where files read in from various directories can be imported directly into back-end Livelink/CS.
- Uniform Capture ProcessUniform Capture Process tools — Create capture business rules that dictate how your corporate content is captured into back-end document management system using our process designer tools.
- Connect email files to Livelink/CS DMS — Use POP3 email or SMTP Capture components to connect email content and archive all emails within an inbox or all emails sent to an SMTP gateway into Livelink/CS for archival, management, or sharing.