The OmniPage Barcode component is used to process barcodes in captured documents.
This component is often used to read the invoice number in an invoice document. Another common use of this component is to decrease the time required to scan large number of documents. Scanned images can be split into several files when a barcode satisfying a defined pattern is found. The OmniPage Barcode component can also be used to read the values of barcodes and then store such information together with the document in one of the supported document management systems.
The following example describes steps through adding the component in a hypothetical workflow. The example workflow is configured to scan documents from a variety of MFP devices, split the scanned batch into separate documents and send the documents into a specified folder.
- Design a workflow process with an MFP component for scanning of the documents, OP Barcode as a process component, and Send to Folder as a route component.
- Activate the OP Barcode component.
- On the General tab, select the Page Split option and define a pattern for splitting pages.
- On the Field Values tab, specify fields for the output files as the value of the barcode on a cover page.
- Pass the field value as RRT for the Send to Folder component that will use it in the document rename schema.