Use this procedure to install component software on the Kodak Scan Station.
Note: You will need a USB 2.0 flash drive to move files to the Kodak Scan Station.
- Select C:\installation directory\Distributables\Kodak Scan Station 500 or C:\installation directory\Distributables\Kodak Scan Station 100.
- Copy the appropriate files for the version of the Kodak Scan Station into the root
directory of the USB 2.0 flash drive:
Device Version Copy these files Kodak Scan Station 100 kss.100.xml and kss100update.exe Kodak Scan Station 500 kss.500.xml and kss500update.exe
- Shut down and restart the Kodak Scan Station.
- Depending on the version of the Kodak Scan Station, select Kodak Scan Station 100 or Kodak Scan Station 500 on the Kodak Scan Station interface/
- Insert the USB 2.0 flash drive into Kodak Scan Station.
- You will be prompted whether to update the device. Choose Yes.The following prompt appears: "Administrative configuration on the flash drive does not match the devices configuration. Do you want to be prompted to update the device configuration?
- Select Yes.The following message then appears: "Software has been found, version x.x.x.x. You are currently running version x.x.x.x. Do you want to install the software?"
- Click Yes.The following message then appears: "Please wait while software is being installed. To complete the installation the device needs to be restarted.
- Click OK.This restarts the Kodak Scan Station.
- Remove USB 2.0 flash drive from the Kodak Scan Station