Before you configure ADAM, you must obtain a certificate. If you already have a certificate, import it into your "Personal store" and skip this procedure.
- In a web browser, open http://localhost/certsrv.
- Click Request a certificate.
- Click Advanced certificate request.
- Click Create and submit a request to this CA.
- In the Name box, write the full DNS name of the server.
- Make sure Type of certificate is "Server authentication certificate".
- Select PCKS10 as the format.
- Optionally fill in the other information.
- In the Friendly name box write the full DNS name of the server.
- Click the Submit button.
You have now created a certificate request. To create a certificate you need to process the request.
- Open .
- Browse to the Pending requests folder.
- Locate the certificate request, right-click it, and click .
The certificate has now been created and resides in the Issued certificates folder. Next you need to download and install the certificate.
- Open http://localhost/certsrv.
- Click View the status of a pending certificate request.
- Click the certificate request.
- Click the certificate to install it.