You can click this link OakDoc PCL to TIFF Converter to see an example of a PCL to TIFF converter.
- Create a workflow with AutoCapture as the capture component, Command Line Execution as the process component, and Send to Folder as the route component.
- In AutoCapture, configure a form that will allow users to set X resolution and Y resolution of the resultant TIFF files.
- On the General tab of the Command Line Execution component settings, select a path to the pcltotiff.exe file that converts PCL files to TIFF files.
- Specify the following Command line parameters:
- -i "~CLE::FullPath~" -o "D:\TIFF\result" -m -x ~ACC::%Xresolution%~ -y ~ACC::%Yresolution%~
- On the Document tab, select the Attach files check box, and enter D:\TIFF\result.tif in the Files to Attach text box.
- Configure the Send to Folder component to route documents to a local folder.
- Start the workflow.
When the users print documents from their desktop applications (Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and so forth), they select Desktop Print Connect in the printers list. Then they see the AutoCapture form, and specify X resolution and Y resolution of the resultant TIFF files, and submit the AutoCapture form.
As a result, the documents in PCL format are captured by the AutoCapture component and sent for further processing. The Command Line Execution process component runs the PCL to TIFF converter from the command line, and the resultant multipage TIFF files with specified resolution are saved in the D:\TIFF folder, renamed a result.tif. Then the resultant TIFF files are attached to the workflow and sent to the specified folder.