Split documents on the page that contains a barcode with a defined RRT.
- Create a workflow with the AutoCapture and Barcode components that allows users to enter the city name in the 'City' field of the form.
- On the General tab of the Barcode configuration dialog box, select the Split on barcode check box, and select External Script in the Using box.
- Click the Scripts button, click Add, and enter a file name with the .vbs extension.
Click the Edit button, and in the Script Editor window create the following script:
If sBarcode = sSplitValue Then RRV ="Split=BEFORE" End If
- Click Compile, save the script, and close the Script Editor.
- In the Script Properties dialog box for Run condition, select Each barcode.
In Script Variables, click the Add button to configure the script variables:
Variable Description sBarcode Local variable initialized by the ~LTB::Barcode~ RRT. sSplitValue Local variable initialized by ~ACC::%City%~ RRT.
- Save the configuration and run the process.
When sending files, the user specifies a city in the AutoCapture form. The script is executed for each barcode on the page after the page is processed. If the value of some barcode on the page is equal to the city name entered by the user, the script will return the value RRV = "Split=BEFORE" and the component will split the document on the current page and this page will be the first page of the next document.
If the user enters London in the 'City' field, and the component detects a barcode with the value 'London' on the third page of the document, the component will split the document on the third page and this page will be the first page of the next document.