You can enable and configure authentication for devices in a group.
- If necessary, double-click the Xerox EIP Connect component in a workflow to open the Xerox EIP Connect dialog box.
- On the Groups tab, click on the group and then click Edit on the menu bar.
- Click the Authentication tab and select the Requires Authentication check box.
- If you want to use the same authentication settings that were configured for the component, select the Use Global Authentication Settings box, and then skip to step 7.
- In Authentication Type box, select the authentication method you want to use:
Authentication Type Description None Authentication is disabled. Windows This prompts the user for a Windows user name, domain and password.
Under Windows, enter the default domain in the Domain box. Do not use the fully qualified Domain Name Server (DNS) domain name. Do not use top level domain qualifiers such as .com, .net or .org. For example, if the user is listed as mydomain/user1 or firstname.lastname@example.org, then in a User Principal Name (UPN) format, the domain should be “mydomain” and NOT “mydomain.domain.com”.Note: If the device is configured to use an Authentication Server with authentication type SMB, then the credentials provided will be used by Workflow server. If the authentication type of the device is something other than SMB, then in addition to Workflow server login screen, the device’s authentication screen is also displayed.
Netware Specifies to use a Novell NetWare authentication server. Under Netware, enter the default NDS tree in the NDS Tree box and the default Novell context for NetWare authentication in the NDS Context box.Note: If the device is configured to use an authentication server with the authentication type NDS, then the provided credentials will be used by workflow server. If the authentication type of the device is other than NDS, then in addition to workflow server login screen, the device authentication screen is also displayed. Custom Script The administrator has full control over the prompts that will be presented to the user as well as how the prompts are validated. LDAP may be used for authentication of lookup data.
In the Script File Path box, enter the full path to the script file.
- To specify an existing script, click the browse button (...).
- To create a script, click the Edit Script Code button to open a script editor window with basic
For details on the script editor window and the object model used to authenticate users, click Help in the script editor to refer to the Xerox EIP Connect Script documentation.
Click the Prompts button to configure the prompts that will be used to collect user information. For more information about the Authentication Prompts settings, see Authentication Prompts Dialog Box.
- To look up the email address and other attributes about the authenticated user, select
the Use an LDAP Search to retrieve
additional user information check box and click Configure to specify the LDAP Lookup
Settings.For information about the LDAP Lookup Settings options, see LDAP Lookup Settings Dialog Box.Note: When Windows authentication is selected as the Authentication Type, the email address is retrieved automatically as part of the authentication, so an LDAP search is not required if only the email address is needed.
- Optional: To query the device for credentials, select the Query device authentication session for credentials check box.
- Click the General tab.
- For Temporary Repository, select one of the following:
- Internal FTP — This option will use internal FTP settings for the component.
- External FTP — This option will use the local FTP server that was configured for creating optional temporary repositories by the Local FTP settings on the Preferences tab of the Xerox EIP Connect configuration dialog box.
- External SMB — This option will use shared network folder that was configured for creating optional temporary repositories by the Network Share settings on the Preferences tab of the Xerox EIP Connect configuration dialog box.
- In the Associated MFP Addresses list, add or remove devices to which you want to apply the new settings.
- When you are finished editing the group, click the OK button.