Consider an XML file that contains information from an invoice.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso 8859 1" ?> <Invoice> <Number>13576</Number> <Vendor>IT Books</Vendor> <Date>12-10-2009</Date> <General> <Item> <Name>Beginning XML</Name> <Price>25.5</Price> </Item> <Item> <Name>XML Step by Step</Name> <Price>30</Price> </Item> </General> <Total>55.5</Total> </Invoice>
You may want to send information about the invoice total sum to a manager.
- Design a workflow with AutoCapture, XML Importer and Send to Mail Recipient.
- On the Fields tab of the XML Importer configuration, add two search fields.
- Number with corresponding XPath query: //Number
- Total with corresponding XPath query: //Total
- In the Send to Mail Recipient configuration write the following text in the message
field.The total sum for Invoice ~XIM::%Number%~ is ~XIM::%Total%~.
- Run the process.
- Send the XML file to the process by AutoCapture client.
The following message will be sent: "The total sum for Invoice 13576 is 55.5."