To use this component the user must first decide whether sending to a printer will be the final step of the workflow or an intermediate one. This will define if Send-to-Printer component is used in the configuration as a Process or Route component.
Use the Send-to-Printer component to accomplish these tasks:
- Remote Copy
- Scan files and route them to a remote printer.
- File type based printing
- Scan files and send them to printers according to file types
- Color Copy
- Scan in color and send the images to a color printer.
- Print broadcast
- Create process chains with Poll Directory Capture component and Send to Printer Route component to broadcast multiple copies of document to multiple printers.
- Special Printer Features
- The automatic stapling, and other specific features of a printer, can be done by creating a copy of the printer driver which has the stapling option on by default and using this specific driver.
- Printing confirmation page
- Use File Options within your workflow process to store documents into a "Success" or "Failure" directory. If you want confirmation page to be printer on success or failure, use Poll Directory with Send to Printer to route files from Success or Failure Directory to a printer.