When setting up a form the following four tabs must be configured:
|Display Name||The name that will be displayed on the MFP for this form.|
|Single Touch Scan||Check this option if you do not want the user to enter any indexing data about the document. By selecting this option, the scan operation will start immediately after the user presses the "form" button on the device.|
|Access Control||Access to the form can be control with the following options:
|Scan Settings||This table lists all of the available scan settings. In the Value column you can set default scan
settings, which will be used if the user does not change the setting at the device
panel. See the Ricoh Desktop SF User Guide
for detailed description of each scan parameter. By selecting Locked (next to Basic
Options), all Basic Options are locked and cannot be changed by the user at the MFP
device panel. By checking Default (next to each Parameter), default options as
supplied by the MFP device itself are used. Note: Selecting both Default and
Locked does not produce any different result. By checking the Default
checkbox, the user will override the Locked checkbox. The user may define different scan settings for
different parameters. The user should note that the Default checkbox must NOT be checked in order to
set values for Basic Options.
Enable Dynamic Form — Standard behavior of a form can be modified by responding to
events. This checkbox allows the workflow sever to load form snap-ins. Here are some
examples of what enabling dynamic forms
Configure the indexing fields that will be presented to user. Add fields by clicking on the New field button appearing as the first column header and labeled with “N”. Once you have added the first row, you can tab through to get additional fields added.
- Name — The field name should be unique among the other fields within this form.
- Display — The text which is displayed above the field at the device panel.
Type — A field type represents the format by which data is collected at the device panel.
Regardless of field type, the result will be in text format. The following field types
- Text — allows a user to enter un-formatted text.
- Integer — allows a user to enter integers (whole numbers only).
- Numeric — allows a user to enter numbers (with or without decimal point).
- List — allows to present users with a list of choices from which users select the desired item. Use this field type if you want a text field with auto complete capabilities. If a list of choices is too long, the list can be made searchable.
- Tree — Presents a list of choices in tree form.
- N (Notify Server) — If checked, this field triggers an event when the value of the field changes. You can respond to this event in the snap-in that was configured for the dynamic form section in the General tab. For details on how to respond to form and field events, refer to the Ricoh Desktop SF Snap-in documentation.
- P (Properties) — Allows a user to edit additional properties of the field type.
Configure the component for this form by clicking the Properties button (right-most column on each row). The configuration window for the component will be displayed. Refer to the help for the component for instructions to configure.
|Description||The name that will be displayed on the MFP for this form.|
|Scan Button Label||Enter the text that will appear on the scan button on the display panel for the device.|
|Button Images - Normal||Enter the location of the image that will be displayed on the MFP panel (this image will be the icon that is displayed prior to the user pressing that icon on the MFP panel). If no image is selected, the default image on the MFP panel will be used.|
|Button Images - Pressed||Enter the location of the image that will be displayed on the device once the user has pressed the icon (this image will be displayed for a corresponding icon once the user has selected that icon; i.e. the image used will change from the one specified in the Normal field to the one specified in the Pressed field). If no image is selected, the default image on the MFP panel will be used.|