QuickCapture component extends the capture capabilities to TWAIN-enabled MFPs and scanners. Use this component to capture paper documents from any TWAIN-enabled PC scanner and MFP into digital document workflows.
QuickCapture comprises of a server software that runs on the workflow server and a client software that runs on a PC. A QuickCapture client communicates with the QuickCapture server to get the menu and form information for presentation on the client PC that is running QuickCapture Pro or QuickCapture Desktop. When the server and client software are configured, a QuickCapture Desktop or QuickCapture Pro user can select the desired workflow, enter document meta-data, preview the scanned documents, rotate, rescan, delete and finally send the document to the workflow server for additional processing and archival.
This document describes the QuickCapture server (component) configuration. Please refer to the QuickCapture Desktop or QuickCapture Pro help files for information on how to set up client software.
QuickCapture component provides the following features:
- Secure communication (via SSL) between the scanning device and the Workflow server.
- Personalized workflows for the logged-in user. Supported authentications include Windows NT, Active Directory, NetWare, and custom authentication.
- Optional “Lock” ing of scan setting. If not "Lock"ed, user can modify the scan setting from the QuickCapture Desktop or QuickCapture Pro interface.
- Scripting for advanced functionality to perform database look-ups, meta-data validation and more.
- Scanning mixed mode documents (B/W, grey scale or color).
- Multi-layer menu definition.
- Centralized meta-data form definition for centralized control over the indexing forms.
- Support for webforms as a secondary method for collection of meta-data for a scan job
- Custom VBScripts extend the functionality of forms, updating form field values/settings at runtime, and performing any form field validation based on available runtime data.