Scan documents from a variety of MFP devices, recognize text from images, and send the searchable PDF files into a specified folder.
- Create a workflow using an MFP component to scan documents, the OCR component, and the Send to Folder route component.
- Activate the OCR component on the General tab of the
component configuration dialog box.For more information, see:
- On the General tab, select to output OCR text to a File in PDFFor more information, see:
- Configure the PDF settings as necessary on the PDF tab.For more information, see:
- In the Setup Zoned OCR dialog box, create a zone for recognition of the document title on the first page of each document, choosing the corresponding settings in the Pages tab.
- Pass the zone value as an RRT for the Send to Folder component to use in the
document rename schema.For more information, see:
When the walk-up MFP user enters a preconfigured function key on the control panel of the MFP device, the PDF document with the corresponding title as a name is routed directly into the specified folder.