How to add a new group
Note: The Common Group cannot be removed.
- Click the Groups tab and click Add Group.
- In Group Settings, type a name for the group in the Name box.
This name does not appear on the MFP display as it is used strictly for identification purposes.
- For Temporary Repository, select one of the following:
Option Description Internal FTP AutoStore's internal FTP server will be used to receive scanned documents. Internal HTTP(S) AutoStore's internal web server will be used to receive scanned documents.
- Add the MFP devices that will be associated to this group by entering the IP Address
or host name of the MFP in the MFP
Address/Host Name list.
The MFP address list must contain at least one MFP.Tip: Using the network name is preferable because the IP address can change if you are using Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- If the MFP devices in this group should authenticate the user, click the Authentication tab, and select the
Requires Authentication check box.For more information about configuring the Authentication options, see Authentication tab.
- Click OK.
How to enable group level authentication
- Highlight the group and click Edit
- Click the Authentication tab and select the Requires Authentication check box.Note: To use the same authentication settings that were configured for authentication globally, select the Use Global Authentication Settings check box.
- Complete instructions described in the Configuring authentication procedure.