The following provides an example of common usage scenario: Scan documents from a variety of MFP devices directly into IBM Content Manager 8.4
- Design a workflow process by selecting the type of MFP used in scanning of the documents. From the component tray, select the desired process components and select the IBM Content Manager 8.4 route component for storing the scanned document into IBM Content Manager 8.4.
- In the General Tab of the IBM Content Manager 8.4 configuration, define the connection parameters to log into the IBM Content Manager 8.4 server.
- In the Document Tab, configure document-specific parameters and select a routing process that will be applied to the routed document.
- In the Attribute Values Tab, configure the attributes that will be assigned to the routed document.
- Configure the other components in the workflow.
- Run the process.
With the server running, the walk-up MFP user enters a pre-configured function key on the control panel of the MFP device, the document with the set attributes is routed directly into the specified folder in IBM Content Manager 8.4 database. The specified routing process is applied to the routed document on the IBM Content Manager 8.4 server.