This topic shows how to create a workflow that uses the HP OXPd capture component.
In this example, a workflow will be created which captures documents from HP Scanjet 7000n. During the scanning process, a user working on the device will be able to copy a document to any local or network directory. This defines where the captured file is stored.
- Drag and drop the HP OXPd and the Send to Folder components into the Process Designer.
- Open the properties section of HP OXPd the component, go to the Preferences Tab and enter the required information.
- On to the General Tab, right-click the Default Form and click the
Edit button.This opens the Form Settings dialog box.
- On the General tab of the Form Settings dialog box, select the Allow
Changes check box for Media Size, Orientation, Color and
Resolution.These selections allow the user to change these scan settings directly on the device.
- On the Fields Tab, configure a new field:
- In the Type column, click the "List".
- For Name, type "Folder".
- For Display, type "Folder Where to Save".
- In the properties column (labeled P), click the ... button .
- Enter random values and labels and check whether they appear by default on the device display. If so, select OK.
- On the Form Settings dialog box, click the Components Tab.
- Click on the browse button (...) for the Send to Folder component.
- In the Available RRTs window, expand the Send to Folder RRTs, and configure the component
with the following parameters:
Option Value Folder Paths C:\dest\~DS2::%Folder%~ (use HP OXPd RRTs) Rename Schema Leave blank. (File names are already unique so there is no make them unique.)
- Press OK button on the Send to Folder component.Do not create folders now.
- Press OK button in Form Settings dialog, and then click OK in HP MFP/Digital Sender (OXPd) dialog box.
- Save the workflow in Process Designer (Hp2Demo.cfg.) as
- On the ribbon, click the Start button to start the process.