To verify that SSL is working with ADAM, run the ADAM Tools Command Prompt and use SSL to connect ADAM.
Context for the current task
- In the ADAM program group, run ADAM Tools Command Prompt.
- Type ldp and press Enter.
- Click .
- Type the DNS name of your server in the server box.Localhost does not work here as the DNS name is checked against the certificate.
- Enter the SSL port of your ADAM installation.Either 636 or 50001, or whatever was configured during the installation of ADAM.
- Select the SSL check box and hit OK.
If the installation was successful, you should get a lot of text in the right window and be able to bind using thefunctionality.
If you still get a "8009030e No credentials are available in the security package" error message after the import, or you get an error when importing the keys into the LOCAL_MACHINE\Personal store, check that the logon account has full access to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys. Try importing the certificates directly into both LOCAL_MACHINE\Personal and ADAM\Personal instead of copying them for the Current_user store.