You can modify the standard behavior of a form by responding to events.
Before you can perform this procedure, the Form Settings dialog must be open for the form that you want to edit. See Editing a Form.
Some of the things you can do by enabling dynamic form are:
- Add and remove fields.
- Change field contents, such as loading the contents of a list field from a database.
- Change form scan settings.
- Validate field contents before the document is scanned into the server.
- On the General tab of the Form Settings dialog box, select the Enable Dynamic Form check box.
- In the Script Path box, enter the path to the VB.NET
script that contains the code to respond to form and field events.
For details about the script editor and the object model used to respond to create and handle events, click the button button in the Edit Script Contents window to view the Fuji Xerox AIP Scripting documentation.
- To use an existing script, click the browse button (...) to locate the script file. To edit the script, click the Edit Script Code button.
- To create a new script, click the Edit Script Code to open a Visual Basic Script template with empty subroutines to respond to Form_OnLoad and Form_OnSubmit events.
- For Raise an event when, select form events that must be
responded to by the script:
Option Description Form is loaded Select this check box to raise an event every time the user enters the form. Form is submitted Select this check box to raise an event every time the user presses Scan in the form.
- To run under the authentication context of the logged on user, select the
Run as device logged in user. This option should be used carefully and only in cases where you need to access a system that requires explicit identification. Whenever possible specify user names and passwords in your script. You can use .NET technologies, such as encryption, to hide the passwords from view when editing the script.Note: The Run as device logged in user option is only available if the when authentication is enabled for the group that contains the form and the authentication mode is Windows.