The DocuWare component allows users to submit the documents and their associated metadata to the DocuWare archives.
The following use-case describes a typical scenario for capturing documents and routing them to DocuWare .
Capture the scanned documents from the FTP server, convert to the searchable PDF and send the resultant PDF documents to the DocuWare archive.
- Create a workflow with the FTP Poll capture component, the Barcode component, the OP OCR component, and the DocuWare route component.
- On the General tab of the DocuWare component, set the file cabinet and/or basket where you want to route the document into.
- On the Document tab, set the version field for the document, the start value and increment for the version and/or the rename schema for the document.
- Set the metadata of the routed documents on the Fields tab of the DocuWare component.
- Configure the other components in the workflow.
- Run the process.
The user scans a batch of documents with barcode cover page that describes the field attribute for each document. The documents are then placed in the folder that is accessed through FTP. Now, when you start a process:
- FTP Capture component polls the scanned document with a pre-defined schedule.
- Professional Barcode component reads the barcode value out of the cover page while splitting the scanned batch into separate documents.
- OP OCR converts text in the scanned documents into searchable PDF content.
- DocuWare route component delivers the searchable PDF documents to the DocuWare archive along with the corresponding metadata.