This component provides:
- Quality improvement of black and white TIFF images by using deskewing and despeckling.
- Basic Image Management component can be used to read eight types of barcodes.
- Provide coordinates to specify a barcode search zone.
- Split an image in either of two ways:
- Specifying a fixed number of pages that the image should be split into
- Instructing the component to split the document when a barcode matches a specific value or a pattern.
The values read from the barcode can be used as parameters in subsequent components in the configuration, they can also be mapped into Fields that automatically will be used by Capture (store) or Process (filter) components that are able to use this field information.
This component is commonly used for reading barcodes in black and white TIFF images generated from a scanning device with at least 200 dpi resolution. Depending on the Scanner quality, and the size and type of the barcode being read, you may need to generate higher quality images in order for the barcodes to be read properly.
If you want to setup your process such that Barcode values are used by other components, configure this component through a blocking component, such as Digital Sender, MFP, POP3 email. If you plan to use this component with a non blocking Capture (source) component, place a Data Interchange Process (filter) component before Basic Image Management component.
In scenarios where barcodes are not being read, or they are only used for splitting pages, the component does not have to be configured through a blocking component.