- The splitting functionality is only available for processing multipage TIFF and PDF images.
- The complete list of supported file formats by the Barcode component is as follows:
File format Comment Files in PDF format (versions 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, and 1.7) PDF/A BMP
- 1-bit - uncompressed black and white
- 2-, 4- and 8-bit - uncompressed Palette
- 16-bit - uncompressed Mask
- 24-bit - uncompressed Palette and TrueColor
- 32-bit - uncompressed Mask
- 1-bit - black and white
- 4- and 8-bit - gray
JPEG gray, color JPEG 2000
- gray - Part 1
- color - Part 1
- black and white - uncompressed, CCITT3, CCITT3FAX, CCITT4, Packbits, ZIP, LZW
- gray - uncompressed, Packbits, JPEG, ZIP, LZW
- TrueColor - uncompressed, JPEG, ZIP, LZW
- Palette - uncompressed, Packbits, ZIP
- multi-image TIFF
- black and white - LZW-compressed
- gray - LZW-compressed
- TrueColor - LZW-compressed
PNG black and white, gray, color JBIG
- When splitting documents on barcodes is used for TIFF images with CCITT RLE compression, output images may not be readable by other components or applications. You might need to convert such images to another format; for example, with the use of the VIP component.
- The B/W images must be created with at least 200 dpi resolution for reading barcodes.
- The maximum image size is limited by approximately 23000x32000 pixels (about 2700 dpi for A4 page). If input images contain more pixels than this limit, the workflow service may hang on while opening a file, or report an error.
- If barcodes of PostNet type have different width of bars, it is possible that they will be recognized incorrectly. Please use generator which produces bars with equal width.
- Not all modifications of Code 128 barcodes are recognized correctly. The recognition may depend on the barcode generator.
- When you use big resolution (more than 1200 dpi) there may be not enough memory for processing file.
- When the component splits the document, it exports only rasterized images of the input document pages to the output documents. Therefore, if the original PDF document has bookmarks, hyperlinks, interactive elements, annotations, and so on, the component will not export these elements to the output document.
- The component cannot process PDF files the size of more than 2 GB. This is the restriction of the LeadTools™ technologies used by this component. It is recommended to use compression when processing large PDF documents.
- Since the LeadTools™ rasterizes output PDF file, the output PDF files after splitting can be rather big in size.
- When recognizing barcodes of UPC-E type, which is a reduced representation of UPC-A type, the component inserts extra zeros so that the resulting value has UPC-A structure. Make sure that wherever you need to enter the value or a pattern of a barcode (in pattern field and the like), you enter the 12-digit UPC-A value.
- If the image has a high pixel resolution (high value of dpi).